11/01/2007

NO WORDS

I've been pretty quiet for a couple of weeks. And here is why. I'm dieting.

Not crash dieting where I drop a ton of weight and start "fake and bake" tanning and wearing slutty clothes and forget who I am and start having an affair with the single dad who hangs around the park with his hyperactive kid. Not that kind.

I joined Weight Watchers. I'm changing the way I eat. I'm getting healthier and at 3 weeks in I feel pretty darn good. Physically. But I'm feeling a little off as well. Vulnerable and wonky and unsure. Like I'm a kid going to a new school. And I don't feel confident and self-assured. More awkward and clumsy and nervous.

For me that means that I don't have a lot of words. I've been watching TV rather than reading. I've been staying up late and going to bed exhausted rather than early and drifting off at a respectable time. Except for the night I went to bed at 8:00. Maybe I'm a little psycho. Who knows.

Anyway - that's where I've been. I'll keep you posted at to my mental well being, however I suspect this will be my only mention of weight loss. It is so deeply personal that I don't quite know how to express it with myself, much less publicly.

But if you want to hear about my vagina or my last therapy session, stick around. I'm all about sharing the easy stuff.

3 comments:

TZT said...

Well... congratulations for making it through the first three weeks. This is something I really need to do myself, and I can definitely understand why talking about it is too much. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

You rock with the WW! Core or Flex? Tell me more, tell me more!

You second paragraph of this post: PRICELESS!!

Lisa said...

Its is very difficult to lose weight. Alot of it involves changing food-minded behaviors like you've been doing and that is HARD. Congrats on sticking to your guns and your goals.