11/06/2007

7 RANDOM CRUMBS ABOUT THIS CUPCAKE

A meme. From the lovely Schmutzie. (I'm more than a little embarrassed to say how flattered I was that she picked me. I'm sure it doesn't mean what I think it means. What I hope it means. She, like a lot of innocent victims, was probably wooed by my incredibly sexy avatar. Which can be seen here.)

Anyway, the rules of the game are:
- Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
- Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Let's hit it!

1. My best friend has been my best friend since we were both 12. Which she likes to say has been 15 years. I like to say, "How old do you think you are?" It's been 24 years.

2. My idea of the worst job in the world would be working in one of those tiny box perfume shops. The only thing worse than a rotten smell surrounding my head is a cloud of various perfume smells. I've been known to get nauseous and head achy from strongly scented candles.

3. I was vegetarian for a stretch. I resolved to eat meat again on New Years Day, 1995. I have successfully kept that resolution ever since. The hardest part of going veg for me was not having gravy. There is no good veggie substitute for sausage gravy. On biscuits. With Bacon.

4. My first baby came via c-section. The next one was a VBAC (vaginal birth after cesarean). I had epidurals with both. I waited to go into labor on my own with the first (11 days late) and induced with the second (10 days early). And also, when my daughter (the first one) was born she weighed 11 lbs., 1 oz. **I share this fact with anyone who stands still long enough for me to get the words out. Cause eleven pounds is a fucking lot when it is trapped inside your belly skin.**

5. The summer I was 8, when I lived in Glen Burnie, Maryland, a group of churchy teenagers drove through our neighborhood dressed as Star Wars characters in a big churchy bus. Luke and Leia and Chewie and Darth hopped out and gave us fliers for the vacation bible school at their church. So I went.

6. I worry about books that aren't being read. I believe that a book only has a life if it is being read. Library books are the luckiest of all the books. And I don't just say that because I am married to a sexy librarian.

7. My favorite thing in the whole, entire world is the silky end of of the blanket. Which makes me borderline mental.

When I asked Rube, "What's weird about me?" he said, "You watch dead people." But I already told you guys that. Geeze, hate it when I piss away the good stuff the day before Schmutzie tags me for a cool little meme.

And now a word from...

Mominitup (who has the same MIL as I do, though we've never met)
Badger, famous for her wit and culinary delights
Slurping Life's Melody
Rose at Kikarose, also a Californian
A lovely woman known only to me as Dapoppins
And representing the Testosterone Tribe:
My new friend Chuck
And my longtime friend and former coworker Adam

Thanks to you all!

11 comments:

Dapoppins said...

Yes, I am lovely. Did you you just tag me! Someone else tagged me for this same meme. I guess that will give me something to post about this week!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag. I'm behind and promise to get this up this weekend. I'll combine with the two other 7 things tags I have in-waiting, if that's ok.

I so agree with the perfume box thing, my allergies would kill me, and one of my sons is with you on the silky end of the blanket thing and even silky tags in clothes. We call him a tag-aholic.

Anonymous said...

So, you're calling me out eh! I need to remember this feeling because I'll never have it again in quite this way. You see, I've never been tagged for a meme before.

It's a little nerve racking...do you remember your first time? I should be able to get this done within a day or two. Thanks. :)

Badger said...

Dude! I am so flattered that you tagged me, but I have done this one about 14,000 times. I will wrack my feeble brains to come up with seven things that I haven't already spilled before the internets, exhibitionist that I am, but I can't make any promises.

P.S. I did the c-section followed by VBAC thing too but holy Jeebus, my biggest kid was only 8 lbs. 4 oz.! My c-section scar hurts just THINKING about an 11-pounder! I was 10-1 and breech myself, and I will now tell my mom that she officially has nothing to bitch about.

Erica said...

So, the common theme here is EVERYBODY has been tagged for this meme, and now even Chuck has!
Well, at least he's happy about it!
No pressure, guys. If you're too busy I won't judge you. Cause martyrs don't judge. We're too holy and put upon to judge. We can't find the time in our unrelenting schedules to judge.

Oy vey.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Okay .. so for the 3rd time I'm trying to leave a comment. Re: candles -- shit, I remember my house stank of blueberry pie! I'm surprised you didn't throw up! Re: the end of the blanket! ... I don't know what to say?

Anonymous said...

hey i understand the 11 lb. baby thing i tell everyone even if they dont stand still that i had an 11 lb baby. mine was 25 inches long. she was my second and they told me she was about 8 so we went natural. retards i still hate them. 4 years later. this is the first time i have stubbled onto your blog. and i will be back faithfully.

Anonymous said...

11 pounds - WOW! That's a big girl! I would definitely be spreading that around to who would listen and probably even if they didn't listen. :P

Jen said...

I loved the bit about Vacation Bible School. And I think I need to check out Schmutzie's blog - you're the second one to reference her today. (And the other reference had nothing to do with this meme!)

Rachel said...

*thud* the sound of me hitting the floor. Ye Gads! 11 pounds. I bow at your feet.
Yeesh!
Okay, love the crumbs!

Have a great weekend!

Dapoppins said...

I am going to do this meme next week.