11/17/2007

ALL BY HERSELF - PUMPKIN PANCAKES

My sweet girl popped up this morning (I mean I dragged her out of my bed) and decided to create some adventurous seasonal pancakes (meaning I said, "How do pumpkin pancakes sound?" and she said, "If they're gross can I make some plain ones?").

They were delectable. She's a breakfast rock star.

Check it out:

INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 large egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 cup nonfat milk
  • 1/3 cup pure pumpkin

PREPARATION:

Whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg together in a medium bowl. Combine egg, oil, milk and pumpkin in a small bowl. Stir pumpkin mixture into dry ingredients. Leave to stand for five minutes.

For each pancake, scoop 1/4 cup of batter on to a hot griddle or nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray. Turn pancakes when bubbles appear and edges are cooked, after about 2 minutes. Cook for 1 1/2 minutes on second side.

Makes 8-10 pancakes.

1 comment:

The Insane Writer said...

These sound yummy. BTW ignore my comment on buzz..hehe I am just now getting around to checking comments and emails.