11/23/2007

MISCOMMUNICATION ABOUT AUNT FLO

Ring. Ring. (totally not the sound his cell phone makes, but you get the picture)

Husband (from the golf course this morning): Hello.

Me: Hi babe. We need a couple of things from the store. Can you stop on your way home?

Husband: Sure, what do we need?

Me: Sweet potatoes and I need tampons.

Husband: Jam pots? Why do we need jam pots? Like, jelly jars or something?

Me: TAMPONS. Not jam pots.

Husband: Oh, yeah sure. OK. Sweet potatoes and your thing. Gotcha.

He arrived home and plunked the Safeway bag on the counter and returned to the car to unload his golf clubs. I looked in the bag and found only sweet potatoes. I followed him to the car.

Me: Did you leave the tampons in the car?

Husband: Ham hocks? Did you ask for ham hocks?

Me: TAMPONS. Not ham hocks.

Husband: Oh... man. I forgot.

Forgot, or living in complete and utter denial?

You decide.

3 comments:

Momo Fali said...

I think your husband would say denial is a river in Egypt.

Anonymous said...

Erica, I don't get over to comment very often but I follow your feed and your posts have me laughing out loud more often than not. This one was no exception! Thanks for the morning laugh :-)

Erica said...

You are too sweet! Thanks for swinging by!