9/24/2007

IT'S TV TIME!

The fall season is beginning! I really love new shows. That said, here are a few new ones I'm looking forward to:

The Big Bang Theory The only sit-com on my list. I adore Johnny Galecki (Sarah Gilbert's boyfriend from Rosanne). Sweet and geeky - and we all know that geek is the new stud! Premieres Monday, September 24, 8:30pm

Another pick from the "Geek is Fabulous!" file, Chuck looks fun. Nerds in dangerous situations. How bad can it be? On NBC. Premieres Monday, September 24, 8:00pm. Conflicts with Big Bang, but I'll Tivo or catch one of them online.

dirty sexy money is about an attorney (Nick) for the ridiculously wealthy Darling family from the Upper East Side of NYC with troubles ranging from the oldest son's transgendered girlfriend, to the minister with a secret love child to hide. And that's just the beginning. I'm checking it out. Also, the title is salacious and I look for that in a useless distraction! Premieres Wednesday, September 26, 10:00pm. On ABC.

Life - I CANNOT WAIT. I adore Damian Lewis. Did you see Steven King's Dream Catcher? Probably not, cause nobody did. But if you did you'd know why Damian Lewis is so great. And Duddits was great as well, but I digress... This is Zen and the Art of the Falsely Convicted Cop Returning to the Outside World While Searching for the Person Who Framed Him. With a sexy young partner. And craploads of money won in a lawsuit. And a rapier wit. I"M DYING OVER HERE! Premieres Wednesday, September 26, 10:00pm. On NBC. Conflicts with the one above, but I'm all over this one.

Pushing Daisies - When Ned touches dead things they come back to life. But only until the next time he touches them. Because they die again. Which turns into a lucrative career for him. He wakes up murder victims with a touch, asks hem who killed them, puts them "back to sleep" with another touch and solves the crime. Perfect! Until he brings the love of his life back and wants her to stay alive. Which, simply put, means he can never touch her. Looks cute. ABC Wednesdays at 8:00. Premieres October 3rd.

And My Returning Favorites:

Dexter - Sundays at 9:00 but also check the schedule. It is playing all the time! Yeah!

Grey's Anatomy - Thursday, September 27th at 9:00. On ABC.

Heroes - Starts again on Monday, September 24th at 9:00. On NBC.

Ugly Betty - Thursday, September 27th at 8:00. On ABC. Just before Grey's.

If I don't pick up the phone when you call it's not because I don't love you. It's just that I don't love you enough to interrupt the AWESOME show that I'm watching.

You see the difference, right?

4 comments:

The Egel Nest said...

Hi -

Found you through BlogRush!

We love "new show" time also...although I am excited mostly about returning shows with the exception of Kid Nation...

I am dying, bad pun, to see Dexter return...that was the best show by far last year!

Bradley
The Egel Nest

Anonymous said...

Did you know that if on a random night you are up at 2:30 am flipping through infomercials, you can stumble across the premier episode of The Big Bang Theory and watch it in it's entirety and fall totally in LOVE! SOOOOO GOOOOD! I just hope that every episode will be as good.

And in nerd mode 'cause I love me some geeks, the new series Chuck was very cute tonight. Best line? "Don't puke on the explosives." Yeah, I know I'm highbrow. But I betcha like it.

Erica said...

I really liked Chuck tonight! So funny and sweet. Bumbling is seriously attractive. I'm going to try Journeyman, too.

I'm a little giddy with all of this TV potential! (I'm also more than a little embarassed that this is how I react to TV shows. I need a life. Lawdy!)

I'm a Mom!..? said...

I love it when the new seasons start. My DVR is full already, I really should be down there being productive instead of catching up on blogs :o)