6/24/2008

COMFORT COMES TO ME IN STRANGE WAYS



This book is coming to me from Amazon. Because when I'm sad I like to dive in and wallow in the sad. Swim in it. Do a backstroke and then flip over float face down in despair. I think this wonderful story of a woman's grief will help me to do just that.

In the event that you are looking for a beautiful, precious, tragic and sad tale, I have a few selections for you:

The Bridges of Madison County

Lucky

Tuesdays With Morrie

The Red Tent

A Time to Kill

Bridge to Terabithia

To Kill a Mockingbird

And I hear from my friend Mary (and a few thousand other people) that this one might be good for jerking a tear or two. We shall see...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the movie Bridges of Madison County, the last time Clint looked 5% desirable to older women!

Sugar Jones said...

I read Bridges and cried. I read Lucky and cried. I read Tuesdays and cried... I love books that do that to me...